As of today 7/5/16 Metropolitan Deli is now hiring a dependable PT or FT Sandwich Maker
Please read ALL of this information before emailing resume. Instructions are specific. IF INTERESTED: please DO NOT go to the Deli to apply. Please obtain an employment application from Telstar Networks at 1125 S. Main Street, Ste. B, Las Cruces, NM, M-F from 8am-12pm & 1pm-5pm. You may also call at (575)527-3600 with any questions. You may also print an application from the Employment Tab and returned it to our office.
Sandwich Maker Description
– Prepares a variety of food items using recipes for cooking in ovens, grills, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
– Assumes responsibility for quality of products served.
– Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
– Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
– Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
– Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables
– Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
– Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
– Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
– Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
– Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
-Perform baking responsibilities in a safe and quality manner while following systems in place.
-Perform all steps in baking process to include proofing, finishing, set-up and cleaning.
-Keep track of and maintain a steady level of materials and products with the inventory process in place.
– Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
-Reliability and dependability
– Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
– Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
-Ability to work unsupervised
-Reliable transportation to and from work
-Excellent people skills and outgoing personality
-Maintain a professional appearance at all times
-Reports to work as scheduled
-Maintain a full knowledge of menus, recipes and other pertinent information
-Must be 18 or Older